Mushroom box for self-cultivation
Easy mushroom cultivation – especially suitable for beginners!
Ready-hatched Shiitake BIO substrate block
- Farm product
- Weight: approx. 2.5kg.
- A substrate block provides up to 1500g of fresh mushrooms in 2-3 harvest phases under optimal laboratory conditions. Experience has shown that hobby growers achieve smaller yields. 600-800g organic medicinal mushrooms are realistic in the first harvest phase.
- Repeated harvest phases of the substrate block are not recommended for hobby growers because of the risk of contamination.
The special thing about Shiitake is that it requires less humidity than most other cultivated mushrooms.
- After delivery, place the substrate block in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours (cold shock at approx. 5-10 ° C).
- Set up the substrate block in an environment with high humidity – e.g. bathroom – until the first pinheads (small mushroom heads) appear under the cover.
- Cut open the substrate bag and carefully unpack the substrate block.
- Place the substrate block upside down and ensure ventilation from below – e.g. place on 2 wooden spoons.
- Put the anti-dehydration cover in the mushroom box over the block.
- Set up in a bright but not too sunny place.
- Harvest before the brim of the mushroom cap begins to bulge upwards.
- Dry the harvested block and use it as fertilizer.